February 2nd 1917
All lost balls belong to the club and are to be handed to the Committee
January 18th 1910
That £5 be allowed the greens committee for enlarging 1st green
December 20th 1910
It is desirable to increase the course to 18 holes. Put to the meeting and passed by 21 votes to 4
July 11th 1930
Secretary to write to J H Turner of Frilford Heath, James Braid, Walton Heath, J H Taylor and Harry Vardon
September 14th 1931
"The new course had been measured. It was 6579 yards from back tees"
24th July 1929
As a trial, on a busy Sunday from 2 o'clock to 8 o'clock we employ a uniform policeman to patrol from the 12th green to the 7th green.
A proud history
and an even brighter future
The 6th
The 12th
The 3rd
Benjamin Bennett II
One of the Club's early benefactors

Benjamin Bennett, who was Mayor of Dunstable in 1871 and 1872, was a prominent local businessman. His father, also named Benjamin Bennett, ran a hat factory in High Street North. Benjamin Jnr, who had trained as a lawyer, took over the business in 1865 when his father suffered a stroke. He expanded the business, bought a second hat factory in Luton and then went into the beer-brewing industry with great success. He purchased North-Western Brewery’s factory in Chiltern Road in 1887. Bennett’s Brewery, and its associated public houses, became very well-known locally. He died, childless, in 1911 and his widow provided the funds to create Bennett’s Memorial Recreation Ground in Bull Pond Lane.

Lionel Charles Reginald Thring
And a golfer too
1931 - Braids Original Design
The old 8th and 10th greens (Todays 6th & 8th holes) - Can you see the old beech tree at the back of todays 10th in the background?